Sunday, May 17, 2009

Returning

Charles and I went to College Station yesterday to pull boots for the boys he had as freshman when he was a senior. It was actually really nice to go back, even if it was for a few hours. We saw old friends, and old places. We stopped by one of my favorite places, Shakes, and I got one of the most delicious treats ever, the brown cow (aka blended root beer float), before coming back to Houston.

It's a pity that I do not have a picture of that (perhaps next time, visiting Michael when he begins A&M...), but I do have a photo of another familiar aspect of College Station: this particular view of Kyle Field. Charles would park his truck out in the Duncan Field parking lot when he was at A&M, and this is what we would walk by everytime we came back to campus after a date or an HEB / Target run. This ended when Charles graduated, as there was never any need for me to park out by the quad, but this walk still felt surprisingly routine as we went back to the B-1 dorm...


No comments:

Post a Comment