Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Summer growth

So for some reason the blogger inverted the colors in this image, but it is interesting regardless...
So I have been working on ZEROW HOUSE, the Rice Solar Decathlon project for the last year, and things have really come together in the past month or so. One of the things that I am most excited about is the green wall (designed by Ryan and Emily). Putting up this part of the facade finally gives our house the character we have been talking about all year long...and it looks pretty amazing.

The cross vine (native) and jasmine (non-native, but super common to Houston) have all summer to climp up the green wall, and fill the entire south side of the house with leafy goodness. Here's to good growing!

1 comment:

  1. Another Solar D... how exciting!!! You may need to drag those pictures in photoshop and edit>convert profile>sRGB. Hope that helps. I had the same problem a while back.

    ReplyDelete